January 17th

Just listening to the news and they reported (yaa, must be a slow news day) that January 17th is the day people suffer the most depression. How they came to that conclusion wasn't specified.

After the weekend I had, I'm inclined to agree. Spent the whole entire day on Saturday (and helping in the kitchen) at a friend's funeral. The best part was the joke about the "slumber party". (And I'm absolutely convinced that I don't want a funeral - don't want to feel bad about throwing a shindig and nobody comes!)

Had to teach on Sunday, with a Friend From Another Faith in the classroom, made me super nervous, and felt like I had lost the attention of everyone else anyway. So, when class is over, I heave a huge sigh of relief - until I remember that I have to teach again in only two weeks!!!

To top it off, we went today to see The Green Hornet. It's enough to send even the most dedicated and acclaimed optimist into a deep depression. Run, don't walk, away from this one. Wasn't worth even matinee prices, and certainly not worth our two hours of time.

So, yah, looking forward to tomorrow to a less depressing day.




No comments:

Post a Comment