Some Things Are Just Hard

I went to lunch today with my sweet (newly widowed) friend. In some ways it was even harder than I expected. It's still difficult for her to get out in public, she never knows when she's going to start raining tears. She told me she even went to the grocery the other day and had to find a different grocery, and go at a quiet time of the day so she wouldn't run into anyone she knows. But one thing she said remains with me: she doesn't have any regrets about their marriage. They loved each other, had some fun, allowed each other to retain their own personality - no regrets.

Reminded me of this thing I read the other day: "Legacies are the reward of building relationships...and relationships are built slowly and maintained constantly. Perhaps most important of all, relationships are built one at a time."

It so breaks my heart to see relationships severed, damaged or walked away from. Would that I am never responsible for damage or severing of those interactions so vital to a healthy heart.

I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment