Blues

It seems like ever since Christmas I've been sort of down.  I finally decided I must have a case of the January blues.  (Ya, I know, it's February!)  Kind of like the post-partum blues, only it's the post-Christmas blues.  And I admit:  I've been cranky.

Seems like things just irritate me.  I could make a huge old long list of things that have been irritating me.

But what would be the point?  It would just re-inforce my cranky "old woman" attitude.  And, frankly, I'm trying to avoid that.

Instead, I'd like to "turn that frown upside down" and find something delightful.

Of course, then I would be cranky about something delightful, but I'm thinking that would be progress.

So I'm going to be cranky about the lovely blue skies that covered me on my walk this morning.  And cranky about the deer I saw bounding down the trail.  And cranky about the 5 kilowatts  the solar panels were generating.  And cranky about the chocolate covered almonds a friend gave me that I shared with My Love.  Cranky about the update of Angry Birds that gave me more levels to play.  And cranky about having to go on a getaway (I am so looking forward to it!).  Cranky about finally, finally getting the data plan on the smart phone worked out (Thanks Husband!)

Delightfully cranky sounds so much better than irritatingly blue.  (I think next I'll plan to have a case of the pinks!)

Perhaps tomorrow I could be just plain delightful?

No comments:

Post a Comment