Promise

I wanted to make some promises today, in spite of my good intentions.

I wanted to promise not to complain about The Hubby's penchant for keeping stuff.   I saw something that gave added meaning to "pack rat".  My 27 purses, and 85 pairs of shoes don't even come close.  Nor do The Hubby's "bits and pieces" of stuff.

I wanted to promise not to get upset (again) about Trax.  The Open House we attended certainly made the intent to promise futile.

I wanted to promise to refrain from complaining when stuff bothers me.  That was a wasted desire.


I wanted to promise to make my "self-talk" only positive.  Not successful there, either.


So, instead, I made myself a promise to get out in the sunshine (particularly in the winter) whenever I could.  


To try to find something to laugh about every chance I can...


And to hug more often.



No comments:

Post a Comment