Mother's Day

So, knowing that this has never been my favorite day (I beat myself up too much to ever be comfortable with any accolades) I went into today telling myself it was just another day and nothing really mattered except to just enjoy the day.

And surprise!  I did.  The Husband always makes an extra effort to treat me well on Mother's day, although he tends to treat me like a treasure most every minute of every day.  

What fun to have so many conversations with loved ones that the battery in the cordless phone went dead.

What fun to have such a yummy meal that I didn't cook OR clean up from.

What fun to have hugs from the children living close enough to hug me and to hear the words I love you, that sound sincere and heartfelt.

What fun to be in Church and hear the thoughts of a couple of our YSA's as they prepare to head off to their missions, and listen to their sweet tributes to their Moms.

What fun to have something new to wear that I love- particularly knowing that I got it at 80% off!!

And what fun to realize that the things that brought my heart the most warmth today weren't things, they were my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment