Often Music

Read the other day where a person described her family as non-musical.   That's actually hard for me to fathom.

How fortunate I feel to have had so much music in my life.  All the piano accompanying I did for my Mom my whole life, beginning when I was about 8 or so.  Often it felt like a chore.  And often it was.  And how often, now, I feel gratitude for those experiences.

I haven't often felt like I had much to contribute to this world, and won't really leave it a better place.  But I have "played" a teensy part in spreading God's love / message / beauty in my little corner through that wonderful medium.

I love this:

"Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing."  --John Erskine

And this one:

"Music is love in search of a word."  --Sidonie Gabrielle

It is a language I love, and one in which I aim to become more fluent.  (And perhaps shed some of my meanness and sarcasm along the way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment