Car

I really dislike the cost and maintenance of owning cars.  I just want them to run, have no issues and, well, be free!

Imagine my delight when the Kia passed (apparently with no trouble) the inspections.  Having had great success in the past doing in-and-out processing at the DMV I figured I would just run up there and be done in a jif; I even wrote out the check beforehand so as to speed the process.

Now, imagine my surprise when I walked into the building to find the line just to take a number stretching to the door.  40 minutes later I was finally leaving the premises.

All in all, a really painless procedure.  It just seems so pointless, not sure all the inspections, etc. keep us any safer on the roads.

The one bright / sad  spot:  I saw a friend I worked with when we first moved back to Utah, 21 years ago!  But before I could find an opportunity to chat with her she went to lunch.  I would have loved to visit with her.


Read this earlier today:  "The joy of forgiveness far surpasses the joy of revenge."

No comments:

Post a Comment