Age

Checking the 60+ age box on a questionnaire made The Husband grumpy.

Took one of those on-line age-related dementia tests (from one of our favorite characters:  Maxine).  Of course The Husband passed.  He'll not be getting dementia.  Apparently I've already got it.  I failed.

Took an on-line survey from one of my favorite clothiers.  Perhaps it won't be one of my favorites for long.  They were interested in why I hadn't purchased on my last few on-line visits.  Had to admit that one of the reasons is they're becoming too trendy.  I trend more toward comfortably classic.  Buy something once and it should last a millenia.  Don't want to be replacing things every 3 months (some people like that).  Hate to spend money.  Not big on shopping.

On Sunday one of the Primary chilluns said they must be talking about me when they mentioned gray hair.

So...

almost at that milestone age - 60

couldn't pass a silly dementia test

don't like too trendy of clothes (they'd look pretty ridiculous on me anyway)

have that gray hair (and facial wrinkles) thing going

don't care to spend money (saving it for my old age)

Based on the foregoing criteria:  I must be old.

But:  I can easily walk a 20 minute mile (in multiples of miles, too), I can still ride my bike (multiples of miles there, also), I can play a computer game or two (even do some Wii), still think an ice cream cone (or gelato) is a treat, can actually text on my cell phone and can even bend over and touch my toes.

While I can still do that:  I am not old.  I refuse to be.







No comments:

Post a Comment