Hon and My Favorite

My favorite part of the summer is right now.  I love summer meals of fresh: tomatoes, corn on the cob, canteloupe, watermelon, peaches, cucumbers - everything fresh like that just has a superior taste.  And somehow I feel so virtuous eating this way.

Stopped at the grocery for non-fresh items.  My interaction with the barely 20-ish clerk took all of 3 minutes.  I was called "Hon" at least 10 times.  Somehow it just seems wrong for her to be calling me (practically old enough to be her grandmother) Hon.   Should have called her "sweet-cakes" in return.

7 mile walk this morning.  Felt good.  Missed both groups of deer that I saw yesterday.  Wondered where they were - probably over on the corner eating the tassels off the corn waiting to be picked.  Loved being out on the trails before most of the other humans are awake.


No comments:

Post a Comment