Work / Fun

We seem to be the kind of people that others call when there's work to be done, help to be given and service rendered.  And that's not a bad thing.  We enjoy helping others, like feeling productive and are pleased when our offerings are what is needed.

But it also seems that when there's partying and fun to be had we aren't on the list of invitees quite so much.

I've been wondering about that quite a bit lately.  Don't mind the label of hard worker.  Am not quite so fond of the label that means I'm not the first tier of important people to be around, to be seen with.  Almost feels like I'm an embarrassment.  (And party planner/creator wasn't one of those talents I was given. The ability to be content and low-key is a talent I claim.)

Fortunately my head (and mostly my heart, too) knows that the One whose opinion counts the most doesn't care about that "status" thing.   It was suggested the other night that in actuality my offerings might be acceptable to Him.  And that is the most valuable thing.

I guess I can live without being known far and wide for my party-throwing-creativity-spending.  As long as I am assured that my works will merit that coveted spot in the eternities I will continue to strive, to be and to do.

So, if you need something, give me a call.  I'll do my best. (And perhaps have some fun at the same time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment