Hope

So amazed today as I listened to General Conference how much of what I heard is what has been on my mind the last little while.   Answers usually come in unexpected ways.  Spent the evening watching the recorded second session while The Husband and The Son were off at Priesthood.  Brought the Spirit into my heart.

Had some success in helping out a friend today, and of course, The Husband did all of the work.  He really does have that part of life down.  (Even when on occasion (although not today)  the ones you're helping are the ones who disappoint.)

Feel like a slug after the rotten eating we did today:  popcorn (with extra butter) at the movie (but that was in place of lunch) scrambled eggs for dinner and a gelato shake for after.  Sleep will be elusive tonight, I fear.  But what fun it was in the eating.

And all of this leaves me thinking about hope:

Hope that tomorrow will be as good as today (although with General Conference that's pretty much a given.)

Hope that more opportunities to help will pop up, and that I will be sensitive enough to seize those opportunities (and have the skill to accomplish what needs doing).

Hope that those things I hope for in my heart will be evident - and that I won't quit hoping for them.

Hope that tomorrow's food fare will be better.... (planning on some ribs for after Conference - should be fun!)

Hope to never give up on hope; that thing that gives us courage and determination and drives us ever onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment