Grumbled

My heart grumbled - for the teensiest of moments today.  Until my head arm-wrestled my heart into submission.  Service wasn't meant to always be convenient.  Or to be what we choose.  (In fact, I'm guessing, that simply by virtue of being service there must be some sacrifice involved.)  So, heart, get with the program and joyfully spend the time and effort required to let He Who Counts know you're serious about being a Follower.

Later today, I was grateful to be home and available when the 5-year-old (being tended daily by his Grandma across the street - she's an amazing, nurturing, caring woman) came home to an empty house.  My heart just ached for his distress.  He was accepting of my hugs, but they couldn't begin to compare to his Grandma's or his Mom's.

I came to adulthood in a "hug deficit".  I have come to know there is great power in a sincere hug.  In whatever form.  And am consistently warmed and grateful to those who aren't hesitant about giving out hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment