Ow....

I've been grateful today for my hands.  I've folded and ironed, scrubbed and wiped, pushed buttons and turned keys and generally kept my hands  busy.

One of the things I've been doing is snipping.  Lots of snipping.  Still not done with the snipping.  I'm loving my spring-loaded snippers and they make the snipping much easier.  However, I'm not used to so much scissor work.  And I've got some sore snipping muscles in my hand.  It would be so much easier if I were ambidextrous.  (The only thing remotely ambidextrous about me is my feet.  I am quite adept at putting either one in my mouth with ease and great frequency!)

So, I'm going to take a break from the snippers for a little while.  Long enough to keep these hands busy preparing dinner and cleaning up and hopefully using them for good purposes.

And when I return to snipping I'll be hoping with every snip that the recipient of all this work will find as much enjoyment in the finished product as I found in the actual producing of it.

Tonight when I say my prayers I'll be sure to express gratitude for all that my hands can do, along with a plea that they be guided in doing good always.

No comments:

Post a Comment