Stocking / Luncheon / Christmas

The Husband has a tradition of filling my Christmas stocking with fun and unusual chocolates/candies that he finds at Pirate O's.  Every year I swear I'm going to remember to reciprocate, and every year I forget.  (It's that brain-dead-don't-know-what-to-get-for-gifts affliction that I have.)  This year he's trying a new approach:  he's putting one goodie in my stocking every day.  I wasn't expecting this, so he was cute about asking me if I had noticed anything about my Christmas stocking.

What fun it has been the last few days finding some new treat (that I promptly share with Him - He's no dummy!) that is something I've not tried before.

I so wish I was as clever / creative as He is.  He truly has a zest for life and makes most things fun.

I need to figure out some fantabulous thing to do for Him.

I also went to a luncheon today.  It's quite an elite occasion where I am pretty uncomfortable.  It's pretty fancy with lots of lovely china and other touches of elegance that are so out of my realm.  I'm always grateful to be included, but dread the actual occurence.  On my walk home in the freezing sunshine I was finding gratitude in my heart for kindness that people exhibit.  I probably don't deserve a fraction of it that I receive, but find it heart-warming nonetheless.  I grew to know this sister because the Bishop asked me to watch out for her (this has happened in nearly every ward we've lived in.  Unfathomable to me.)  Otherwise we might never have connected.  So glad we did.  So glad to be invited to her home.  And so glad I made it through without spilling my salad or drink, without tripping over my clodhopper feet, and without making too huge of a spectacle of myself.

Christmas is the reward - in lots of ways - for making it through the rest of the year.  And we stock up on that "Christmas Spirit" so it will last until the next Christmas.  And if we truly take that spirit into our hearts and activate it in our behavior, the stress part of the season somehow magically disappears...  I'm working on it.  (Still moderately stressed so I know I haven't made it there yet.)


No comments:

Post a Comment