Smug

Trying to be careful here and not get all cocky - that's a sure harbinger of a come-uppance.  I do, however, find it oddly gratifying / uplifting / validating / encouraging to receive an e-mail that someone has "liked" or "commented" on a book review that I posted.

Had no upper level education (other than that thing called having kids) so consequently I've always felt somewhat insecure about my contributions.  (And why I try to be as anonymous as possible.) And maybe that's the reason it tweeks my heart just the teensiest:  someone liked something I had to say.  Kind of a "wow, maybe I'm not so bad" moment.

Can I have a few more of those moments, please? (I promise to do my best not to be cocky about it!)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I went to a book club yesterday and found what I had to say to be totally unpopular. We spent almost no time discussing the book but instead talked about other trivia - including cremation vs burial - not in the book at all. I liked the book ok, but not the way it was discussed. I figured if there was nothing to talk about from the book, it wasn't that terrific. exited with my face red and tail between my legs!

    ReplyDelete