Strange Day

Today was filled with ups and downs and felt kind of strange.  I'd get all happy about something only to come crashing down.

My heart breaks for someone I love who is struggling - we've prayed for him for so long and pled mightily to The Lord in his behalf.  I hope he continues to strive and doesn't give up.  Our house may be bursting at the seams fairly soon if he needs someplace to stay.

I'm hurting for a dear friend who is still mourning the loss of her loved one.  That kind of hurt just permeates everything and for lots longer than we expect.  Hard to carry on.

Was nervous about driving to Park City.  Don't do it very often.  Wasn't sure I'd find my way.  Worried about the roads with all the snow we had yesterday.  (outside temperature this a.m. when I got up at 6:30  was 9 degrees.) Grateful I had a friend along for company.  (Actually, grateful to have a friend.)

Turned out to be a lovely drive.  The roads were dry although populated with drivers who seemed to have a death wish the way they were dodging each other and weaving around the semi's struggling to crest the hills through the canyon.

The sun was shining, the sky was brilliant, the wind decided to take a breath and not blow for a bit and I thoroughly loved the drive.

And - the best part:  my little field trip beyond my comfort zone found me actually acquiring the desired item - and at 50% off.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment