Building

We took another turn at cleaning our ward's building this afternoon.  I received a little gentle ribbing because it took me as long to vacuum just the Primary room as it took another lady to vacuum one complete hall.  (I  am aware that I'm not a speedy vacuumer.)

But...in my mind I kept thinking how much I like sparkly things.  And I guess in my own way I was trying to make the building sparkle for Heavenly Father, so His Spirit would feel welcome there - in part because of my efforts to make it clean and welcoming for Him.  I know it's a trifling thing.  And most likely a silly thing for me to be concerned about.  Still...I wasn't sorry to spend that time emptying wastebaskets and cleaning off chalkboards and their trays and vacuuming all the crumbs from the carpets (I'm still a bit surprised at the amount of food that is consumed in the building on Sunday!) and watching The Husband clean and disinfect the door handles.

And for awhile, I know that I'll be hyper-aware of things left on the floors at church, and I'll be picking them up.   I've also decided:  IMHO, every family should be required to vacuum and empty and disinfect even just once a year to remind them to be respectful, for all our sakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment