Surprise!

My Dad could grow anything - and he had lots of house plants and plants in the yard that really thrived under his tender ministrations.

I have several siblings who are profoundly proud of their plant prowess.  Me....well, not quite so much.

Therefore, it was with some surprise last night when The Husband asked me what was going on with one of my orchids.  This particular orchid was a gift from him (I guess most of my orchids are) that we had re-potted a couple years ago.  I honestly couldn't remember what color the blooms are.  And yet, behold:



As the day unfolded, so did the orchid, opening its pretty petals to provide this pleasant presentation. I haven't done much, just watered and fed and conveyed my pleasure in my plants.   This is among the best kinds of surprises.  Can I have some more, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment