Symphony / Music

I've spent some time this week feeling a wee bit peevish with The Husband because his computers picked this week to die and He had to go to the Google Mother Ship for resurrection of said computers.  I wanted Him here with me for a couple of specific things, one of which was our night at the symphony.  I invited a friend to go in His place, but she had to back out at kind of the last minute.  Thanks, Daughter, for being my (last minute) companion for the evening.

I was a bit apprehensive about driving all the way downtown at night.  It's so easy to just be the passenger.  The neighboring event center was having their Monster Truck Jam at the same time so I just knew parking was going to be an issue.

As it all turned out:  there was virtually no traffic on the freeway, I had armed myself with the coordinates of the parking garage we generally use, and even though I was making only left turns, had no trouble getting there and there were lots and lots of spaces available.  We walked to Abravanel Hall, headed in for our seats and it was almost scary how smoothly everything went.

The music of Frank Sinatra was featured tonight.  Did you know that over his career Frank Sinatra recorded over 1500 songs?  We only heard a fraction of them tonight (and I knew all the songs except one) but what a treat!

As I got engrossed in the program, I marveled yet again at the huge blessing of music in our lives.  Heavenly Father was certainly merciful to us to provide such a medium of enrichment to our souls.  If music has such a huge impact here on the earth, I wonder how much more glorious it will be in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment