As Sisters In Zion

I was reading about this hymn this morning.  I have loved this since I first heard it, particularly the words.

"The errand of angels is given to women;
And this is a gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity's name."

Not only is this a promise, but also an exhortation.  I fall so short, so many times.  I want to have the angels guide and accompany me;  to be gentle and be an instrument in the Savior's hands.

I find myself being, instead, selfish and brash; without the angels - even unkind.  There are no excuses.  So, I'll keep trying and hope that the angels (and other heavenly beings) don't give up on me.

It would help, though, if occasionally one of them would just reach down and put her hand over my mouth....

1 comment:

  1. love it! I bet you are far more angelic than ou give yourself credit for!

    ReplyDelete