Movie

We managed to see a movie this afternoon.  (The Husband also managed to work on the sprinklers after the patio re-do, wash off the solar panels and wash my car! WOW!)

The movie was "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" and while there were many things I disliked about this movie, there were many more things I truly immensely liked about this movie.  To actually "get" the movie, I really think you must be of a certain age.  Things just ring more true then. (Although The Husband opined that even a younger romantic soul would enjoy the overall story.)

A couple of lines that have stayed with me (as best I can recall them):

"Everything will be all right in the end.  If it's not all right then it's not the end."  What an optimist!  And the character in the movie surely was that. What an inspiration.

And this one:  "Just get up in the morning and do your best all day long.  That's all that really matters."  And while this isn't quite all that really matters I love the philosphy of doing your best all day every day.

Cap off a lovely afternoon with the completion of several errands and then the perfect Reuben sandwich from Corner Bakery (an older favorite restaurant made new favorite again by its recent opening in our neighborhood, thus more easily accessible) and I'm feeling good.

It is now 7:30 p.m., I have my fat pants on and the toenails painted a luscious shade of sparkly pink, the vacuuming is done, the laundry nearly complete and I'm thinking this was a good Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment