Not Even 10 A.M.

And I already have a few thoughts anxious to be expressed.

- Professed hermit-wanna-be that I am, I'm surprised at how buoyed up I feel this morning after my bike ride.  I stopped to visit with a couple ward-lady-friends about books and bikes.  I stopped to chat with a ward-lady-friend who was out watering/weeding.  (She filled me in on a recently hospitalized friend and another friend who has cancer.) Stopped and visited with my neighbor and her 2 year old.  I guess people really do need people.

It reminds me of our impromptu lunch yesterday at one of my very favorite eateries:  Corner Bakery. (So very glad they opened one in our vicinity!)  We ran into not one, or two, but five ward-neighbor-friends.  I'm thinking the weather is partly responsible.  I am out all year long.  But lots of people we know seem to hibernate in the winter and as soon as it's spring, they all come "out of the woodwork"!  It was the perfect day for eating outside:  no breeze to speak of, mid-seventies - just right!

- Today was also the perfect day for a bike ride:  calm winds, in the 50's, sun coming up (I am such a morning person!), my bike tires were pumped up, I had my helmet and sunglasses and it only took me just under 2 hours to do my hour ride, what with all the chatting going on.

- For the past several years we've hosted a pair of Bullock's orioles in our yard.  They come in the spring, make nests and babies and then move on for the winter.  This year it seemed they weren't coming.  It was surely a slump in our season.  Then, this morning I heard a familiar chutter, rushed to the window and there she was.  The mama.  Trying to feed from the hummingbird feeder (sorry, Ma'am, your beak is too short!)  As I sit here, The Husband is out filling the oriole feeder.  Yay! (They are just so gorgeous.)  Bullock’s Orioles, Bullock’s Oriole Pictures, Bullock’s Oriole Facts - National Geographic

- Yesterday's visit to Corner Bakery resulted in a cinnamon roll (buy-one-get-one-free) that I shouldn't have bought.  Was going to split with The Husband.  Since I ended up with 2, decided to eat a whole one by myself.  Spent the rest of the day with a miserable stomach.  Swore I was going to be better.  Thus:  I ate the next to last brownie (on Monday (it was a holiday!) I finally managed to cook them just right) for breakfast!  The guilt is killing me.  (I actually tossed the very last one in the trash so as to remove temptation. Should have tossed them both.  Couldn't bring myself to do it. And I'm already suffering.)

- And tomorrow is National Doughnut Day! (My crystal ball is saying it sees a possible trip to Orem to Krispie Kreme for a free doughnut.  The Husband loves doughnuts.)

- It's been such a fun morning, I'm happily anticipating the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment