Will I Never Learn?

National Doughnut Day required a trip to our favorite grocery for ....doughnuts, of course!  Obtained one.  Re-thought things and acquired a second one.  Went to the park where we each ate one.  Felt fine.

Later....after lunch, I ate the second one.  It put me over the edge.  Been miserable all afternoon.

Went for Chinese food for dinner.  Ordered what I thought was something light (still wasn't hungry):  egg foo young.  Since it was no longer lunchtime (and was actually after 7 p.m. - really late for us because neither one of us felt awfully hungry but if it is evening it must be time for a meal) it came as a dinner with ham flied lice and salad.  And the egg foo young was a huge portion, would have fed two of us. (And yes, we brought the remainder home in a box.)

After all this time, you'd think I'd learn to eat in moderation.  Still haven't learned.  And I'm paying the price, I'll either not be sleeping tonight or I'll be having nightmares.  Either way, I'm a dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment