Out Of The Mouths....

I'd wager every one of us has (at least once in our lifetime) pronounced (out loud) some word or other - incorrectly.  I vividly remember my own experience at school when I was in 2nd grade.   The Husband also recalls sending his own mother into fits of laughter when he called it "the Book of k'n-ow(like I hurt my elbow)ledge.

Explaining to The Grandson this afternoon how a bird flew into the window, we heard the thud and when I came around the corner to look I saw feathers drifting all over...The Grandson said," you mean the bird didn't see the sil-how-tee?"  After asking for him to repeat his sentence a couple times, trying to catch his drift, The Daughter said to him he meant the silhouette, it's french.  (We have bird silhouettes stuck to the window to prevent this very thing.)

One of those cutenesses so characteristic of grandchilluns.  I didn't mean to embarrass him, his innocent pronunciation was charming.

But....I have gotten quite the good chuckle out of it.  (And they deserved the chuckle after "scaring" me at the back door!)

No comments:

Post a Comment