Nook / Technology

So, I have a Nook Simple Touch.  (I know there are those out there that think the only e-reader is a Kindle.  But when I finally decided to take the plunge into e-reading, the Nook was the only one supported by our public library system.  Kindle has finally managed to arrive at the public library party, (and I do have the Kindle app on my iPad) but I'm still totally enamored by my Nook.  It is marvelous for travel.)

I got a skin from Decal Girl, and it was ok, but wasn't great.  (Pretty picture, just not what I thought it was based on the computer image.)  Mary Engelbreit just barely announced a collaboration with Decal Girl and has some pretty cute designs.

Of course, nearing Mother's Day, lots of places are having sales.  Including Decal Girl.  (My cellphone skin from Decal Girl has been on for over a year and I still love it!)  So I splurged.  Bought a replacement skin.  Which arrived today.  And was almost immediately applied.

AND...there was a free screen saver to match.  I almost managed to get it on the Nook without help from The Wizard (i.e. my EB (Eternal Buddy) The Husband!)  Finally had to have a bit of technical support - but really pretty minimal, only quick verbal instructions, with a dash of included frustration - caused by me.  And it looks fabulous!

I wish I wasn't so technically challenged.  Or perhaps wish I were better educated where technology is concerned.  Or maybe just more adept.  And somehow I don't think my "adeptness" is going to improve with age.  But Thanks, My Love, for the Nook, for the new skin, for all the gadgets and gewgaws you shower on me.

"I'm not where I was, I'm not quite where I'm going, but I'm on my way."


No comments:

Post a Comment