People

I can get "people-overload" on occasion.  When lots of stuff is going on, I find a need for some solitude and quiet.  I sort of felt this coming on after the whirlwind activity that characterized last week.  Sunday didn't quite feel peaceful enough.

So this morning I started out with a walk on the trail:  too many people.  Then:

-several phone calls
-multiple errands to run - requiring interaction with people
-Son #1 stopped by
-Neighbor-friend stopped by (although I was out interacting at that particular time)
-2 neighbor-friends were chatting when I went out to get the mail - requiring more interaction
-Carpenter and 2 helpers stopped by to fix the shelves
-Daughter #2 and her son: day-after-birthday celebration (cake and The Pie pizza) with son #1. (Yum and Fun!)
-Concrete crew (5 guys) came to wash and seal the new patio (looks great!)

It felt like our place was literally Grand Central Station. (And having been there in New York City just a year ago I can say it truly felt like that only on a much smaller scale.)

My "people-overload" was worked out of my system.  Thanks, You'All.  It was a grand day.

No comments:

Post a Comment