Tender Mercy

I've spent the vast majority of my life feeling pretty worthless.  Useless, no particular skills for anything, homely and just plain undesirable. Never was even remotely popular, haven't ever held any important positions.

Sat down in Relief Society this afternoon, and a sweet sister behind me leaned forward, tapped me on the shoulder and thanked me for the e-mails I have been sending out as part of my calling (Emergency Prep Chair).  Mentioned how much she enjoys reading them.  Told me about a recently released Bishop/friend of hers who just was put in as Emergency Prep chair and also another friend of hers who has the same calling.  Both of them commented how difficult this calling is, not really any guidelines in the handbook, and how they have a general feeling of "what am I supposed to do?"

She forwarded on to each of them a couple e-mails that I've sent out.  They each requested, "more, more."  She wanted me to know they are enjoyed and helpful (and shared across the state!).  Thanked me for my efforts and information.

And all of this from her totally unsolicited and unexpected.  Gave me pause.  Made me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment