Books

Started a book last night by an author I only recently discovered.  So I'm going back and reading her earlier works.

Interestingly enough, I don't find her to be a particularly artistic wordsmith, or beautiful writer, I just find that I have an affinity for her main character.  She seems like someone I would like to know.  The mysteries aren't particularly mysterious.  I simply like to spend some time with the central figure, someone that feels like a friend to me.

Early on in this latest book I came across this line and found it thought provoking.  It is a lesson I wish we could all learn and have it stick after only the one learning:

"...I'd been in grammar school when I'd learned that there was no upside to gossip."

(And that's just a small indicator of why I'd like to know her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment