Thoroughly Thursday

I've always liked Thursdays.  Perhaps because I'm one of those Thursday's children that have "far to go" - being born on a Thursday.

Anyhow...On my walk on the trail this morning I noticed a couple doves sitting on an electrical wire - strung along a fairly long driveway tucked back in behind a street.  They looked for all the world like they were having a ball - wiggling their tails just like a little girl in a swing pumping her legs - making the wire move back and forth.  I swear it was deliberate. (And quite cute.)

I mostly feel like I just slide through my days wearing a sort of semi-invisible cloak. (Does that mean I'm translucent?) Got up this morning with a hankering to go shopping. (I am so not a shopper!) I'm standing looking at something and a nearby lady says:  you look really cool in your outfit.  What?  Me?  In my Chacos flip flops, denim capris and an oxford shirt? (Although it is a cute 3/4 sleeve pale green, blue and yellow on white stripe!) Just goes to show you never know who is watching you.

After 3 hours of trudging the mall (and doing a bit of financial damage- can you say sale?), I headed to Kohl's.  And it's time, of course, for a ladies room stop.  Heading in I'm seeing this gal that walks just like a friend of mine.  Catching a glimpse of her profile, I call her name.  The results:  she turns toward me, gives me a great big hi and a nice hug.  One of those tender mercies that warm your heart.

Arriving home, I'm met with a big smile from The Husband who always welcomes me as though I'm the mostest VIP in the world.  And he tells me that I missed seeing his name mentioned in the newspaper for a presentation he's giving this weeked.  How on earth did I miss something that momentous?

And Thursday continues it's favored status.






No comments:

Post a Comment