Wedding

Had the rare (for us) privilege this morning of attending a wedding/sealing ceremony.  Those opportunities seem to not come along very often.  And how very glad we were to be there this morning.

We tried to remember what was said when we were sealed those 40 years ago and couldn't actually come up with anything.  We can kind of remember the building and the room, but not much else, it's all lost in the haze of time.  (Although we do remember them bringing in our starving, screaming 3 month old to be sealed to us - couldn't forget that!)

We do recollect, both of us, more about our civil wedding.  I wonder why that is when the second ceremony was in some ways more fulfilling for us.

Anyway, I asked The Husband (as we were waiting for the bride and groom to come into the room) if he was nervous when we were married.  An unequivocal and emphatic "no" was the answer.  And neither was I - not in the least bit nervous.  Excited? Absolutely.  Anxious for the two of us to be together as a family?  Completely.  Thrilled?  To pieces!

And knowing what I know now about what the last 40 (and 42 from our civil ceremony) years had in store for us, would I do it again? Without hesitation!

We wish our young friends the kind of marriage that has brought to our lives such depth and joy.

Thanks, My Love, for finding me.  Don't ever leave without me....

No comments:

Post a Comment