Pack Rat / Presentation

That man I live with - The Husband?  He's a saver of stuff.  ("You never know, I might need this some day.")  Not to the extent of hoarding, he just likes stuff around him.  I'm forever trying to toss stuff. (His stuff, not mine.) Even resorted to the old: whenever we get something new, the thing it replaces gets tossed.

So, The Husband's birthday rolled around.  I got him a new pair of jeans (the brand I've finally found that fit his cute little behind better.) He opened them, took one look and said,"does this mean I have to go through all my jeans and throw out a pair?"

As I type this I'm thinking that doesn't sound particularly funny.  But, trust me, it was.  (Happy Birthday, My Love! The new jeans look great!)

Yesterday, The Husband gave a presentation to a couple hundred people over at the Riverton Family History Center.  He's such a natural.  And so personable and social.  I guess it's true what they say about marrying someone that complements your own personality (in this case:  my shortcomings and quirks that could use some balance.) One of the attendees came with a youngster in tow.  (Probably in the 5-7 year old range.)  The youngster spent some time doodling to occupy his mind during the hour presentation.  At the end, he gifted The Husband one of his drawings.  Pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment