Tweezers

Let me first state:  I dislike spending money.

So...when I needed some new tweezers I ran to Target and looked at their selection.  My jaw literally dropped when I found several in the $22 range.  Seriously?  Obviously it's been some time since I've bought tweezers.

I bought some $7 tweezers (Revlon - a reputable company - that should be safe, right?)  And spent days in frustration.  They didn't really work.  Bought a pair of cheap $2 Western Family brand tweezers.  Somewhat of an improvement.  But still not very good.

Finally succumbed and bought the upper-priced brand (Tweezerman), but the lower end:  $12 (but they come in a cool little tube for storage).  For a pair of tweezers!  I about hyperventilated spending that much.

So now, if you add up all I've spent it comes to $21 for two worthless pair and one, well, let's call them decent. That's two more than I need and now I have to figure out what to do with them.  (Keeping the landfills full, yep, that's me.)

The take home lesson:  just suck it up and spend the $22 already.  The extra dollar would have more than made up for the aggravation, frustration and irritation.  Or:  I could just grow an ugly unibrow and be done with it.  Thinkin' 'bout it.

No comments:

Post a Comment