Early Monday

Some of my early morning walking-the-trail thoughts:

Wondered about the guy I saw.  We each hit the trail about the same time, I was walking he was running.  Later on, our paths crossed again - only this time he was running barefoot! On the paved trail, carrying his shoes, no socks in sight.  Ooh, I can just imagine the blisters.  But can't figure what he was thinking.

Thinking there are w-a-y too many people I know out on the trail.  Took me an extra half hour.  I guess they could see through my invisible invisibility cloak.

Felt bad.  One of the ladies as she drew closer to me said - oh, I thought you were *....*.... Now I really like *...*..., but she is a good 3 inches (maybe more) taller than I am and at least 15 pounds heavier.  I don't mind being mistaken for someone I like, or being mistaken for someone taller.  But someone heavier?  Sigh....

These things don't bode well for the rest of the day.  Especially considering that it's nearly 11 and I'm just barely getting ready to head out.  I'll be playing catch-up all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment