Trax

With the spectre of Trax trains running behind our house every 2 1/2 minutes (from before dawn until nearly dawn again) looming large in our minds we've been looking for lots.  And looking at lots.  Actually found a lot we thought we could live with. Quite liked it actually.

Then our friend/agent ran some comps on our house.  Considering that in the 11 years we've lived here we've done all the landscaping (including 18 trees), replaced the patio, added 24 solar panels, finished the basement, and other sundry improvements, we figure we've put an extra $100,000 into our house.  In addition to the original lot price and the cost of building.

The comps:  depressing.  Doesn't make a whit of financial sense to move.  Not sure it makes sense to stay.  Thus....we're in that familiar state of limbo.

This seems to be a cyclical thing with us.  Don't enjoy it.  Wish we could figure out where we're supposed to be.  Wish I could understand what we're supposed to do.  Wish I could break this cycle.

Perhaps I could wish (on a star) that Trax would just go away, or the funding wouldn't be there, or some other obstacle would be in it's way.  Then, magically:  no Trax.

I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight....


No comments:

Post a Comment