Value

Since I'm alone this week, I've been sampling some of the local eateries for some of my favorite dishes. Monday was Paradise Bakery (greek salad, minus onions, plus chicken).  Yesterday was Mimi's (salmon provence salad, plus strawberry shortcake muffin) and today was Olive Garden (zupa toscano and salad, 1 breadstick=dragon (garlic) breath.)

Other than the person at Paradise who just plain doesn't listen, the upside of all these restaurant encounters is the way I've been treated.  Like I matter.  That it isn't important that I am a person there to eat by myself.  That I have value even when I'm a single diner.

This hasn't always been the case when I've eaten out all alone.  And I confess I don't enjoy it as much now as I've managed to in the past.  So it has been gratifying to find that I count.  I never tire of discovering that I matter.  It's so opposite to what I mostly feel.

Thanks, Mimi's, Paradise and Olive Garden.  I appreciate your consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment