And The Celebration Continues....

I was treated to a french toast breakfast at Kneaders.  Yum!


These earrings were a gift from a friend-couple - they got them when they were on their cruise earlier this year to Alaska.  She said when she saw them (apparently Alaska's state flower is the forget-me-not) she was reminded of Pres. Uchtdorf's talk last year - such a memorable and applicable talk - about the forget-me-not.  I love them all the more for the connection.

Brought the mail in and noticed this coupon on the back of the Joann's circular. Never would have noticed it a couple years ago.  But 20% off your entire purchase?  And now I fit the category!

Don't quite know how to feel about that.

I have always felt like I had a deep affinity for music.  I've always thought that music is an extra-extra blessing from Heavenly Father.  One that truly helps us through this life.

Tonight was our first symphony concert of the season.  The music of Billy Joel was highlighted and performed.  The musicians were amazing-their talent and expertise seemingly unlimited.  Really a fabulous evening that had nearly everyone immersed and enjoying every note.

Except for the older lady sitting next to me.  During one musical selection alone I saw her check her watch three times. It really wasn't her kind of music.   And we got a kick out of the lady in front of us: she was really into the music but hadn't a lick of rhythm, couldn't clap in time to the music with the rest of us for anything.  Still, though, she was having a ball.

And tomorrow?  A wedding reception in the evening, a visit with a cousin in the morning, a rehearsal in the afternoon and if we're able, a movie in the middle somewhere.  It sounds like all we do is party. How grateful I am for the fun we are able to find in every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment