What A Day!

First thing this morning we went for a shortened version of my morning walk.  The Husband took the day off to be with me and it was surely a treat to be with him the whole day.  This first shot was taken a few houses up the street.  Still am not sure why the toilet is displayed so prominently on the front porch.  But it was unusual enough for me to take note.


Then off to our local eatery for breakfast.  The Husband had called ahead and had them make two of my favorite chocolate bundtlette cakes without the frosting (in my opinion, the only way to have cake). We had our breakfast with a bundtlette dessert.  Yum!  Saved the other one for later.

On the way out of the restaurant I looked down and spied this penny which I promptly picked up for good luck.

Then it was off to the stores.  I managed to snag a deal on a sweater:  regularly $34 for which I paid $10.56 (including tax).  And...it's cute!

Got The Husband a new pair of shoes.  Then off to the mall where I got a new pair of shoes.  These aren't the shoes I bought.  Just had to make note of a pair of shoes some lucky soul will no doubt absolutely love:




 Home to rest up for a minute - and to answer the door multiple times.  I was brought Sweet Tooth Fairy Cake Bites, refrigerator cakes, flowers, Nothing Bundt Cake-let, cards, plums, soap and hugs.

 

 Then off to dinner at Cheesecake Factory and then a meander around the mall to settle our overfull stomachs.  Leaving the restaurant we beheld this lovely sunset on the mountains - if you can ignore the cars in the parking lot.


I've enjoyed phone calls (also texts and voicemails) from children, grandchildren and friends, have received good wishes via e-mail and have generally felt unworthy of all the attention and care from others.  (When I apologized to the daughter for interrupting a visit to answer the door she brought me up short with her comment about not minding that other people love me, too.  I had only been thinking of the inconvenience to another, not that the inconvenience meant people were expressing their affection. )

I has been an amazing day.  I am overwhelmed with the attention I've received.  Thanks, My Love for all you always do to make me cherished.  And to my family:  thank you for being my family and for the love I've felt from you all.  I'll work hard to deserve it.

And I'm thinking I will most likely sleep mighty fine tonight.  It has been a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How nice to be so loved! Sending you belated loving wishes! I am so so behind! love ya!

    ReplyDelete