A Not Quite Boring Wednesday

This handy gadget is one of my very favorite winter accessories.  Now that the cold weather is here, just before my shower I drop in my towel, press the heat button and when I step from the warm shower into the chilly bathroom air (still got that inner-scrooge-don't-want-to-turn-on-the-furnace thing going) my towel is toasty warm.  Mmmmm. Such a luxury.  I revel in it.

And for an extra special treat, I can warm up my jammies before I put them on, or warm up a small throw to put down at the foot of the bed for getting between less-than-warm sheets.  Or I could toss my socks in before I put them on. 

Yes, I know it isn't that cold yet, but it soon will be and I like to be prepared.  

My inner scrooge was also satisfied today at the eye doctor's when I opted to just replace the lenses in my glasses instead of getting all new frames and lenses.  Couldn't find any frames I liked any better, these are still in great shape and are currently still marketed, plus they happen to be just about the most comfortable glasses I've ever had.  

I sense a theme here:  comfort.  The older I get the more comfortable I like to be.  (I now just give in and wear fat pants rather than trying to squeeze the lard into cuter looking jeans; I'm just going with the ones I can actually bend over in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment