Just A Few Thoughts

Made a Costco run this morning - I try really hard to steer clear of places that entice me to easily part with The Husband's hard earned money.  But my list was long, the place was crowded with carts, people and goods and I was relieved to only spend the $3,000 that I spent.  Could have been much more.  (Said with tongue firmly in cheek - no I didn't spend that much, it just felt like it.)

I had to smile, though, as I watched the 20-something head out to retrieve carts from the parking lot and give a little skip.  Even cart retrieval can be a happy thing (the weather was beautiful and he was outside - what's not to skip about?)

My trip there netted me several things not on the long list.  Like: my annual pumpkin pie!  Came home and had a piece for lunch/dessert. My tastebuds were jumping up and down squealing, "yippee, yippee, yippee!" This will most likely be the only pumpkin pie I buy this year, but it's a good'un.

Kudos to The Husband for rescuing the neighbors.  They didn't realize the dumpster delivered this morning has an actual door on one end to open.  They were climbing the ladder laden with yard branches and debris, precariously balancing to get them up and over the end when they could have easily just opened the end and walked in.  Yay for experience. (And Yay! for a thoughtful observant man who isn't afraid to help out!  So glad I married him.)

Loved my walk this morning.  Temperature:  perfect 47 degrees.  Sunrise:  beautiful.  Feet:  firmly taped and properly socked for the newest of my walking shoes.  Loved the colors of this tree against the backdrop of the evergreens.  I hope to never tire of the beauties of this world.

And I love this quote (attributed to Nikki Giovanni) that I read this morning:  "We love because its the only true adventure."  Based on the last 43 years I can attest to the fact that it has indeed been an adventure. (And as I've been known to proclaim, I'm always up for an adventure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment