Logan Thoughts

We left the Salt Lake Valley yesterday afternoon for our drive to Logan.  Things I thought over the last 36 or so hours:

- I expected the Logan canyon's colors to be dull and winter-like.  Instead, all the trees were still dressed in their finest - from fading green to yellow to orange to bright red.  It was breathtaking.

- Wondered if we'd have to leave our hotel room window closed all night.  The cow farm across the street was super-fragrant.

- Was grateful that WalMart was open 24 hours so that The Husband could run for supplies for the replacement visual that he forgot and left at home.

- Was surprised that the waiter at IHop noticed and commented on our "spiffy" dress.  Said we looked nice.

- I'm getting a bit smarter:  ordered from the "Senior" portion of the menu and got just the perfect size omelette.

- Started and ended the day with spinach.  (Spinach and bacon omelette for breakfast, spinach salad at Corner Bakery for dinner.)  Felt virtuous about the day's eating until I polished off my half of the chocolate bundtlette cake at Corner Bakery.  Then I just felt happy.

- Drove the circumference of the new Brigham City Temple.  Simply beautiful.

- Was so pleased for The Husband at his presentation at the Family History Conference.  Awesome delivery, thorough knowledge of his subject, great sense of humor.  And look what they gave him:

This basket filled with yummy goodness, most of which originates there in the Cache Valley.  What a thoughtful kindness.

- Wanted to hug the sweetheart who asked (after the introduction of The Husband included the fact of our being married for 42 years) if we got married at "like 12 or something? You don't look old enough to have been married over 40 years."  Bless her!

- So enjoyed being at the wedding of my nephew.  We don't get to see them near enough!

- Managed to make it home in time to drop off our overnight bags, change our clothes then high-tail it to the movie.  A fairly-decent-feel-good-movie.  Glad we went.  (Even though we saw the movie sans popcorn!)

- And finally, after a quick bite at one of my favorites places:  "home again, home again, jiggety-jig."

And now, my own clean-sheeted-bed, my own shower in the morning and hopefully a somewhat calm day of rest tomorrow.  I so love that life is never boring. I hope for a future of problem-free-boredom-free-fun-filled days. (Let's see how I do with that.)


No comments:

Post a Comment