Gratitude

Another day where I noticed things to feel grateful for.

With a great sense of trepidation I stepped on the bathroom scales this morning.  After all the good food I've been eating (and maybe some food that's not quite so good for me) over the last couple weeks I was sure that I was carrying some extra (and discouraging) pounds.  What a huge relief to find that I weigh just what I did before the food marathon.  That's something to be grateful for.

I've managed to make some progress on the "catching up" after our trip.  The laundry is all washed, most of it even folded and put away.  The ironing is finished.  The clothes I don't put in the dryer are nearly all hung dry.  The bills are paid.  The mail mostly dealt with.  And I'm so grateful for the things those chores all represent:  plenty of decent clothes to wear.  And the appliances to take care of them.  Money with which to pay the bills.  A home that's comfortable and pleasant to live in.  Yes, I'm grateful.

Went to lunch with my friends today.  (The Husband went to lunch with his friend.)  I am so grateful for their constancy.  For their patience and acceptance of my faults and foibles.  It was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon.  I'm grateful for the blessing in my life that led me to find a couple sweet women (who don't seem to mind that I talk too much) who make time in their full lives for me.

Gratitude.  A good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment