Inner Scrooge

I so love the "bridge" months:  the months when neither the furnace nor the air conditioner are running so we get a bit of a break from those bills.  I tend to have a bit of a contest with myself each year, trying to see how long we can hold out before turning on the furnace.  Although this morning The Husband cleaned the glass and logs in the gas fireplace so we can have some heat if we like.

This morning's outside temperature when I got out of bed: 30 degrees.  I think fall is here to stay.  And I love it.  I particularly love the winter clothes that I can wear in layers and somewhat cover my extra-poundage-enhanced body.

The grandson's very first General Priesthood meeting.  Here are two of the three generations of men from our family heading out together (the third one arrived later) for the meeting.  Warms my heart.  (How nice it would be to have all the family men going together.  I know they attend together in their hearts even though distance intervenes.)

And I read a french proverb this morning that I like.  I might even have quoted it here before but it is worth quoting again.

"Gratitude is the heart's memory."

I wish my heart to have an extraordinarily long memory.



No comments:

Post a Comment