Friday's Favorites

Just a few of my favorite memories of today:

- Getting a pretty good haircut.  At least it feels so far like a decent one.  Haven't felt this good about my hair in a few years.  It feels good to feel good about my hair.

- On a whim we stopped in at a new bakery in our little burg.

Bake 360 has the most awesome goodies.  This is a picture of a pistachio filled cannoli we haven't yet tried.  (I think The Husband forgot we bought it.)  My chocolate filled croissant this morning was the very best I've ever had.

- Answering the doorbell to find two of the neighbor girls there.  The older one had brought her younger one over to see the sand dollars we found at the beach.  I got a hug and a smile and it brightened my day.

- Standing on the steps (it very conveniently makes me just the right height for The Husband to hug me) for a back-cracking hug.  What joy it is to have my very best friend in the world working here in the house - when he needs a break from his work (to stand up, or whatever) he always heads straight for me.

- Making plans with friends for an outing tomorrow.  I'm grateful for (accepting and loving) friends.

- Getting the carpets vacuumed and the tile steamed.  Feels good to feel tidy.

- Having a new library book to read that is clean, absorbing, well-written and just plain fun to read. 

Nothing extraordinary here, just finding contentment in our ordinary lives.






No comments:

Post a Comment