Mostly My Enemy, Rarely My Friend

I generally weigh myself every morning.  This morning I was a rebel.  Declined to do something I knew was going to make me unhappy for awhile.

Although I really didn't eat much yesterday, it was the kind of thing I ate that wasn't exactly a good thing.  When I stop to think about the things that are usually included in Thanksgiving dinner (mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, candied yams, pie - or in our case a family favorite fresh apple cake- fruit salad, cheese ball with crackers) the meal seems to be heavily loaded on the carb side.  All things guaranteed to cause instant weight gain the second they pass your lips.

I did have a small helping of potatoes (had to have a reason to have the gravy), passed on the roll, had about 6 crackers and thoroughly enjoyed the cake.  Neither The Husband or I eat as much as we used to.  Which is why it is all the more baffling that whatever we eat shows up in the increasing numbers on my handy bathroom scale.   And I confess, I had 3 pieces of fudge, but really only small pieces.

So, this scale that sits in a corner of our bathroom taunting me will be lonely for a few days.  I'm NOT getting on it.  Not for awhile.  No sir, no way.  Perhaps in June.


No comments:

Post a Comment