Early Christmas

The gifting has begun.  After thinking over the purchase for many months, then shopping around for a bit and systematically trying out every single mattress in more than one shopping location, today was delivery day.  Our Christmas gift to ourselves:  several years of good sleep!


Before Sheets
                                                                                                                                                         
After Sheets

I'm looking forward to a good night's rest tonight.  The Husband is in doing a trial nap as I sit here.  

I even got a new pillow!  YAY!  

I don't often check out the gifts under the tree, but I did today and found a notation on one to open immediately.  So...I did.  Inside was a package of this lovely biscotti variety.  What a luxury.  And what a thoughtful gift.  (Of course, I'm good at sharing, too.)

We were given some tickets to tonight's performance at the Conference Center - "Savior of the World."  I am so looking forward to it.  If the weather will cooperate, and the whole rest of the valley won't also be in attendance, it will be do wonders for instilling in us the Christmas spirit.  Today's gratitude is for the kindness of those who gave us the tickets.

Today's oddity:  stopping at the deli for some sliced ham.  Watching the lady behind the counter unwrap the ham for slicing then juggle / drop it on the floor.  The entire ham.  Haven't seen that before.  Hope to never see it again.  Her face was red.



No comments:

Post a Comment