It Happened Again

Standing in the store, a strange guy (well, actually I guy I don't know) asks me for help.  There were several other women around, but he chose me.  We had a semi-lengthy discussion about the meaning of a particular sign and if it was true what a deal it was and how he cooks those things....etc. I'm always a bit puzzled by this, but at the same time grateful that I somehow have the look of someone who is approachable.  (In spite of my prickliness.)

This is representative of my afternoon's efforts.  I'm so grateful we had the resources to provide a small indicator of our love and affection to our family.  Notice the lack of ribbons on the packages.  We had to discontinue the use of ribbon on anything when we discovered our cat had a particular affinity for eating anything that dangled (after a $400 surgery).  Our sweet cat has been gone for about 6 years, still miss her, still can't use ribbons.

I've always been a big fan of the "tis better to give than receive" philosophy.  Grow to like it more and more as the years go by.  Now if only I could figure out what to give, that giving thing would be full of delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment