More Food?

I'm sitting here at nearly 10 p.m. trying hard to restrain (with difficulty) my groans from my overfull stomach.  Went to lunch with a couple friends.  Tried to eat light.  Wasn't successful.  What is it about talking with friends (and I do w-a-y too much talking) that allows me to practically lick my plate clean without even thinking about it?  (Wonder if that would work on some small child unwilling to eat their dinner?)

Went to dinner and a movie with some friends to celebrate his birthday.  Ate at Market Street Grill - one of our favorites.  Thought I would eat light:  a slice of their heavenly sourdough bread, a small salad and a bowl of clam chowder.  I got so full that trying to bend to remove myself from the backseat of their car was more than a little troublesome.

Declined a goodie at The Rocky Mountain Chocolate store, but practically ripped the wrapping off the plate of cookies our friends gave us (after we waddled our way into the house) in order to cram 3 of them (successively, not simultaneously) into our mouth.  Num, num, num!

Tomorrow is another day during which I shall attempt to rein in the eating impulses.  And while I don't really enjoy the actual process of eating, I certainly do enjoy the taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment