Wednesday

I've been out and about a bit the last couple days - in addition to washing and drying umpteen million loads of laundry, ironing eleventy thousand shirts and the usual vacuuming and bathroom cleaning.  I'm so enjoying being home again!

Buffalo Wild Wings
What a treat today to  go to lunch with a dear friend.  The last 22 years since I met her have flown by in such a flash!  It is with great fondness I remember the time we lived in the same neighborhood/ward and served in the same R. S. presidency.  We don't see each other near enough these days.  Anyway, today we tried a new-to-the-area restaurant: Buffalo Wild Wings.  Clearly I'm not the target demographic.  I don't think it was possible to sit in any spot in the place without being in clear view of 8 - 10 tv's - all tuned to different stations.  (Think ADD.) I do think the restaurant is setting itself up for some medical claims for hearing damage.  Even leaning across the table it was hard to hear each other speak.  My head is still ringing from the loud music.  (It was great music, just uber-loud!)

The kicker, though, was the young face-painted woman who knelt by our table and introduced herself as our "lunchtime entertainment coordinator."  Seriously?

It was fun today to wear my new shoes.  Well, sort of new.  I've had them for a couple months, but haven't worn them till today.  Took the entire amount I got paid for working the elections as a table judge.  Money I cheerfully plunked down for these great shoes.  The leather is so soft and supple, the arch support incredible and besides:  they're cute!  (Those Europeans really know how to make a great shoe!)

And I'm surprised that I'm still feeling happy over being complimented yesterday by the sweet young lady working at the Credit Union.  She recognized my Betsy Johnson, said she has one just like it (in a different color) and loves it.  It is rare for me to have something noticed like that.  And very fun!

So tonight's gratitude:  for blessings in the form of friends who accept me (warts and all), for the resources to go out to lunch with said friends, for cute, comfy shoes (and enough to choose from depending on my mood) and for a Husband who never hesitates to treat me to fun possessions (like watches).  And...for hot chocolate on a cold day.

Today's favorite line:  "A pure heart is the greatest weapon."  Working on acquiring one of those weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment