Weekend

Just returned from a fabulous weekend with The Husband as he completed his first week at the new job. We rarely have days that are not "spoken for" in terms of obligations and time commitments.  There are a few highlights that I'd like to remember.

Amici's pizza is the best pizza I think I've ever had.  Really gourmet without being icky (i.e. too gourmet).  And the leftovers the next day were just as good.  I missed getting to eat at the Mongolian BBQ, but perhaps another time.  Still remains at the top of my list of favorites.

Had dinner with our favorite "Ginger" on International Kiss A Ginger Day.  I hope we only slightly embarrassed him with our rendition of Happy Birthday sung a week late.  (Hugs continue to feed my soul, I had so few of them in my tender years.) My new favorite cheesecake:  pineapple upside down cake cheesecake.  A thoroughly enjoyable evening. (My hat is off for the Mom hosting a birthday daughter for her young teen with only one other adult (that we could see) to help her.  Her party was about 35 teens strong! She is brave!)

Roses
What a treat to be off in the sunshine and warm (in the 50's) in the middle of January.  I've decided this must be an annual thing for me.  I really don't mind the winter, but those smoggy inversions we get suck all the fun out of breathing.  How lovely to see flowers blooming - even roses - and to see fruit laden trees dotting yards here and there.  Was tempted to sample the wares, but that would be stealing so I resisted.


Oranges
Lemons
We took a drive to Santa Cruz - walked along the boardwalk and then drove north along the coast.  Perfect day for a drive.  Loved sticking my shoe-clad toe in the ocean. (Too cold and no towels for barefoot edge walking.)  Was amused by this dispenser in the public restroom.  I get that they like to not have to fill the dispensers very often, it is after all a public restroom.  But padlocking the toilet paper?

Padlocked TP?


Stopped at the Pigeon Point Lighthouse, there are even seals lounging at the base of the bluff.

Pacific Ocean - YAY!
Cheers to the TSA people at Mineta San Jose Airport.  The TSA staff at SLC airport could take some lessons on cheerfulness and consideration.  Seriously, would it kill them to actually smile at some one?  At anyone - even each other?

Took a 4.25 mile walk along this trail.  All the more fun because of the name.


I came home to this - thank you kind neighbor for snow removal from the sidewalk.  The angels are watching! (And I hope they are also watching the shuttle driver who didn't just drop me off at my car, but actually got out and cleaned 5" of snow off so I could drive.  Thanks!)

And The Husband?  He seems to be enjoying the work, the people have been very kind, the atmosphere good, and they have been very welcoming.  Our hearts still feel overwhelmed at the blessing of this new job at just the right time under just the right circumstances.

Now I'm home-my-very-favorite-place-to-be (especially when The Husband is here, too), the washing machine is running, I've looked at the mail, the pipes are running freely (not frozen) and I'll be content...until time to wing off to The Husband for our return trip.







No comments:

Post a Comment