Middle-of-the-Week Mind Meanderings

The setting moon / dawning day.  Lovely.
Felt good to be back on the trail this morning, even though it was only 10 degrees.  The days are getting longer; feels like the earth is getting ready to spring out of its winter bed. (Wish my phone camera could capture the stillness and peace of the sunrise / moonset.  It was the very best way to start my day.)

When you're not feeling good, you're home alone and a bit lonesome, it's a good day to watch a silly Lifetime Channel movie and have a bit of a cry.  Best done when feeling congested, lonesome and there's no one to see your silliness.

I've always been intrigued by names - the things people choose to name their children and those surnames that I always wonder where they originated.  Ran across this surname in the paper this morning:  Surprise.  What fun could be had with this as a last name.

It's been nearly 3 months since I was released as Emergency Preparedness Chair.  And even though it was never one of those callings I felt comfortable in, it surely is hard to get it out of my mind.  I keep thinking of things, seeing things, that I want to pass along to the members of the ward.  Weird to me how I still feel "ownership" of it.

And tonight's gratitude: for a DVR that enables me to record silly Lifetime Channel movies! (And I even know how to program it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment